Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ready... Steady... Go!!!


They say all things have to be started with an end in mind, I guess the easiest way is to make the visual goal available to everyone and work towards it.

This was me in October 2008, a proud finisher of my first Penang bridge half marathon, jogging fit.

Boy... Passing off those cheeseburgers during those times really helped...

No fatty foods, no simple carbs, no dessert, no alcohol,
NO BELLY!!!










Then one fine day in January 2009, I woke up with a sharp pain in the back and could not get out of the bed. Turns out all the weight I shed whilst training for the marathon did its damage, and gave me a slipped disc. My brothers had to carry me off my bed and send me to get some professional help.

Thanks to the healing hands of my physiotherapist (Thanks Jenny!!!), I recovered but had to stay away from jogging.

With no exercise routine to make me feel good again, I turned to a "see-food" diet... Eating whatever was in sight!!!

Nine months, one hundred and eighty cheeseburgers, seventy two portions of pork ribs, seven pounds of steak and truckloads of beer later, it finally hit me that I was overweight...

Boy was this photo an eye opener!

I was too fat to exercise, I hated dieting but was desperate to lose weight!!!

To make matters worse, my weight kept increasing everyday I spent procrastinating...

I almost gave up on weight loss for good and admit that I was just born big-boned.

That was when I met him......







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails